Please Note: We have two days Ekadashi Vrat Upvas this time. Please refer to the letter in the following link for more information from Bhuj Mandir. https://goo.gl/RwRPgq
Dev Prabhodhini Ekadashi is referred to as the King of all Ekadashi’s. On this day of Kartik Shud 11, many auspicious events took place in the Swaminarayan Sampraday mentioned as below:
- Shree Dharma Dev, the father of Almighty Lord Shree Swaminarayan, was born (Samvat year 1796 in the village of Itaar).
- Shree Nilkanth Varni acquired the MahaDiksha, and was named Sahajanad Swami and Narayan Muni (Samvat year 1857 in the village of Piplana).
- Shree Sahajanand Swami was enthroned the Gadi of the Sampraday (Samvat year 1858 in the village of Jetpur).
- Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan established the two Acharyas of the Sampraday and wrote the Desh Vibhaag Lekh (Samvat year 1882).
- This day concludes the end of the Chaturmaas Niyams taken by millions of followers worldwide.
- It is the 24th Ekadashi (the last of all Ekadashi’s).
The above almost signifies the majesty of Prabhodini Ekadashi. The greatness of this ekadashi is immense in terms of measuring the value of keeping the vrat on this day. The following gives as insight of its value:
* Normal Ekadashi
* Eating Fruits (Once a day)
* Full Fast
* 1000 Ashvameg Yagna
* Sins of 1 life span forgiven by God
* Sins of 7 life spans forgiven by God
Many people spend a lot of money and travel to India to do pilgrimage and have darshan of the various many tirths (mentioned in the shastras are 68 main divine tirths). All the tirths come and reside in the house of the devotee who follows the vrat of this ekadashi. This vrat enables a devotee to be closer to God, become pure and also gives benefit for the family members to become pure as well. Carrying out this vrat wilth full faith will give eternal bliss and attain Akshardham, the divine abode of Almighty Bhagwan Shree Swaminarayan.
As written in the Skand Puran, Once Naradji asked Bhrama, “In order to attain the ultimate fruits of this ekadashi, what are the rules and methods of conducting this vrat?”. Lord Bhrama answers, “Oh Narad – what a auspicious moment for me to have to explain you the vrat of Prabodhini Ekadashi!. Listen, O Narad, I hereby explain you the routine of the activities of the day:
1. Wake up early
2. Do your daily routine, have a shower and become pure.
3. Do your daily Pooja and make a wish (Sankalp) to God, “Oh Bhagwan, I am hereby submitting you, O Lord, and am commencing this vrat of ekadashi today. O Creator, please give me strength to control my senses. Please pardon me with your Bhakti today.
4. During the whole day, try and avoid having contact with worldly pleasures as much as you can. Keep remembering God and perform Jaap of His divine blissful name.
5. In the evening, have a shower and perform pooja. Give donations to the poor and needy.
6. Offer your niyams you have performed in the past four months at the lotus feet of Almighty Bhagwan Shree Swaminarayan.
O Narad, following according to the method I have stated will give a devotee ultimate salvation and attain happiness.